i3status is a small program (about 1500 SLOC) for generating a status bar for i3bar, dzen2, xmobar or similar programs. It is designed to be very efficient by issuing a very small number of system calls, as one generally wants to update such a status line every second. This ensures that even under high load, your status bar is updated correctly. Also, it saves a bit of energy by not hogging your CPU as much as spawning the corresponding amount of shell commands would.
- i3status-2.8.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2014-01-05)
- i3status-2.7.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2013-02-27)
- i3status-2.6.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2012-10-03)
- i3status-2.5.1.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2012-05-11)
- i3status-2.5.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2012-05-02)
- i3status-2.4.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2011-12-27)
- i3status-2.3.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2011-07-21)
- i3status-2.2.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2010-09-23)
- i3status-2.1.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2010-04-11)
- i3status-2.0.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2009-10-27)
- i3status-1.2.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2009-06-21)
- i3status-1.1.tar.bz2 (GPG signature, 2009-06-17)
The documentation for i3status is its manpage. You can also view the manpage online.
i3status is currently developed at http://code.i3wm.org/i3status. Checkouts of the master branch are intended to be stable and working all the time.